There are six (6) scholarships provided by the Delaware County Sports Heritage Foundation. The scholarship program was established to assist and encourage the continued education of students who demonstrate a desire to attend a post secondary school.
Download your application here: Scholarship Application
Download application instructions here: Scholarship Instructions and Information
- Be a son/daughter, grandson/granddaughter/grandchild of a member of the Delaware County Athletic Hall of Fame or a member of the Board of Directors.
- Enroll in the Fall Term of the Scholarship year in a full-time undergraduate course of study at a post secondary school, accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Enroll in the Fall Term of the Scholarship Year in a full-time undergraduate course of study at a post secondary school, an accredited college/university by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools or a United States military academy.
- Be nominated by a member of the Delaware County of Hall of Fame or a member of the Board of Directors.
If the scholarship isn’t received, applicants can apply again next year.
- Francis Lafferty Hall of Fame Scholarship award is $2,500.
- The Roberta “Tootie” Falls Memorial Scholarship award is $1,000.
- The Doug DeBord Memorial Scholarship award is $500.
- The Morry Mannies Scholarship award is $500.
- The James Cartwright Scholarship award is $500.
- The Paula Smith Wray Memorial Scholarship award is $500.
- The recipient(s) must enter a post-secondary school no later than the Fall Term of the scholarship year. The scholarship is for one school year of the recipient’s education.
- All applicants must be nominated by a member of the Delaware County Hall of Fame, or immediate relative of, or a member of the Board of Directors.
- The student must complete the attached application form. Applicant and nominator must sign the application form.
- The student must return the following to the nominator:
- Application Form
- Official high school and/or college transcripts (if applicable)
- The nominator must mail the completed application and supporting documents and the nomination form by the postmark deadline of March 15th of the scholarship year to:
Delaware County Athletic Hall of Fame
P.O. Box 425
Muncie, IN 47305
All information submitted is confidential
- Selection of the recipient(s) will be based on academic achievement, athletic participation, community service and need.
- Applicants will be evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, it is important to answer every question as completely as possible.
- The scholarship recipient(s) are selected by the Board of Directors of the Hall of Fame.
- Only the recipient(s) will be notified by May 1st of the selection year.
- The recipient(s) will be our guest at the Hall of Fame Induction banquet in May where he/she will receive their award.
Payment of Awards
The actual financial award will be paid directly to the Bursar’s Office at the college/university where the award recipient(s) will attend.