Delaware County Athletic Hall of Fame Scholarship GuidelinesThe Delaware County Athletic Hall of Fame Scholarship Program is sponsored by the Delaware County Sports Heritage Foundation. The program was established to assist and encourage the continued education of students who demonstrate a desire to attend a post-secondary school.
Download Scholarship Application: Scholarship Application
Download Scholarship Instructions: Scholarship Instructions Special Notice about Scholarships for 2020: Due to COVID 19 Local High School Scholarships will not be awarded for 2020. The Hall of Fame Scholarships will be awarded for 2020. More information for will be forthcoming for those who have applied at a later date. Eligibility Applicants Must:
- Be a son/daughter, grandson/granddaughter/, nephew/niece of a member of the Delaware County Athletic Hall of Fame or a member of the Board of Directors.
- Enroll in the Fall Term of the Scholarship year in a full-time undergraduate or graduate course of study at a post-secondary school, accredited college/university or a United States Military Academy.
- Be nominated by a member of the Delaware County Athletic Hall of Fame or Board of Directors or a survivor of the same two groups.
- Successful or unsuccessful candidates may reapply in future years.
- The Francis Lafferty Hall of Fame Scholarship award is $2,500.
- The Roberta “Tootie” Falls Memorial Scholarship award is $1,000.
- The Doug DeBord Memorial Scholarship award is $500.
- The James Cartwright Scholarship award is $500.
- The Paula Smith Wray Memorial Scholarship award is $500.
- The recipient(s) must enter a post-secondary school no later than the Fall Term of the scholarship year. The scholarship is for one school year of the recipient’s education.
- A member of the Delaware County Hall of Fame or the Board of Directors must nominate the applicant. This could also include a survivor or immediate relative of the same two groups.
- The nominated student must complete and return the following to the nominator:
- Application Form (including all requested signatures)
- Narrative Resume addressing the information requested in Step 1 of the Selection Process
- Official High School and/or college transcripts (if applicable)
- The nominator must mail the completed application and supporting documents by the
- Selection of the recipient(s) will be based on academic achievement, athletic participation and community service.
- Applicants will be evaluated only on the information supplied; therefore, it is important to provide all requested documentation completed as accurately as possible.
- The scholarship recipient(s) are selected by the Board of Directors of the Hall of Fame.
- All applicants(s) will be notified of their status by July 1st of the selection year.
- The succcessful recipient(s) will be our guest at the Hall of Fame Induction banquet in May where he/she will receive their award.