The Delaware County Athletic Hall of Fame Scholarship is sponsored by the Delaware County Sports Heritage Foundation. The program was established to assist and encourage the continued education of students who demonstrate a desire to attend a post secondary school.
Applications are not limited to high school seniors. College students can apply as well.
Be a child, grandchild, or great grandchild of a member of the Delaware County Athletic Hall of Fame or a member of the Board of Directors.
- Enroll in the fall term of the scholarship year in a full-time undergraduate course of study at a post secondary school, accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Be nominated by a member of the Delaware County Hall of Fame or a member of the Board of Directors.
If the scholarship isn’t received, applicants can apply again next year.
- Delaware County Athletic Hall of Fame Scholarship award is $1,500.
- The Roberta “Tootie” Falls Memorial Scholarship award is $1,000.
- The Doug DeBord Memorial Scholarship award is $500.
- The Morry Mannies Scholarship award is $500.
- The recipient(s) must enter a post-secondary school no later than the Fall Term of the scholarship year. The scholarship is for one school year of the recipient’s education.
- All applicants must be nominated by a member of the Delaware County Hall of Fame, or immediate relative of, or a member of the Board of Directors.
Students must complete the attached application form. Applicant and nominator must sign the application form.
Students must return the following to the nominator:
A.) Application Form
B.) Official High School and/or College Transcripts (if applicable)
All information submitted is confidential.
The nominator must mail the completed application, supporting documents and the nomination form by the postmark deadline of March 15th of the current year to:
Delaware County Athletic Hall of Fame
P.O. Box 425
Muncie, IN 47305
Selection of recipient(s) will be based on academic achievement, athletic participation, community service, and need.
Applicants will be evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, it is important to answer every question as completely as possible.
The scholarship recipient(s) are selected by the Board of Directors of the Hall of Fame.
- Only the recipient(s) will be notified by May 1st of the selection year.
The recipient(s) will be our guest at the Hall of Fame Induction Banquet in May, where he/she will receive their award.
Payment of Awards
The actual finances will be paid directly to the Bursar’s Office at the college/university where the recipient(s) will attend.